Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Sunday, October 30, 2011

TV famous in Colombia!

Recently I was asked by AIESEC if I could be interviewed by a Colombian TV channel for a special segment for one of their programs. The TV channel is called TeleMedellín, and the segment I was on was for a relatively new program called Medellín City, which is a show completely done in English. The reason TeleMedellín created this all English tv show is because the city is trying very hard to have more resources and access to English, as the goal is to make Medellín more of a bilingual city.

My interview was filmed on EAFIT's campus, where I was hooked up with a legit microphone pack, and started to set up various shots for my interview. The 3 crew members directed me where to stand, what questions to answer etc. It was very exciting, I felt like a TV personality haha. It was a little awkward just because it was during the week, so as all the students were walking to class they would be staring at me and probably wondering who I was, and what I was doing.





During my interview I spoke about who I was, where I was from, what I was doing in Medellín, how long I had been here, what I thought about my Colombian life etc. It was a very relaxed interview, and I actually wasnt too nervous to be speaking into a camera. I think it would have been a little different if the interview had been in Spanish, but I had the advantage of it being in my native tongue, so I think that's why I wasnt so nervous.




Once I had done the shots of me talking and answering questions, they had me do some walking shots. So basically they did several takes and angles of me walking around the campus, this kind of made me feel like a model haha.




Apparently the segment is going to air on Nov 6th at 430pm, but there will also be a clip available on the internet, once they've done their editing etc. So Im going to try and find it, and see if I can post it on my blog when it's ready. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment