Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Museo del Castillo aka "Fast & The Furious - The Tour!"

Today a bunch of friends and I went to check out a beautiful museum on one of the hillsides of Medellín, called El Museo del Castillo, which is a castle that is now a museum. It has beautiful gardens, amazing architecture, and stunning views of the city. The house use to be occupied by a Colombian man who married a German woman, so all of the artifacts within the home are all from Europe. The man was apparently kidnapped by one of the guerilla groups a long time ago, and when he had told his family not to pay the ransom that the guerilla group demanded, they subsequently killed him. After the husband had died, the wife returned to Germany and the castle transferred ownership to the Colombian government, and now it acts as a museum! Sad story, but it's a beautiful property.



While waiting for our other friends to arrive, Lu and I found a bunch of roses around the premise because there had been a wedding there the night before. It kind of felt like a Beauty and the Beast moment, as we were at a castle, and had roses surrounding us, so romantic!


We had to wait for a bit until the next tour group started, so we hung out in a covered area as it started to rain like crazy. While waiting I decided to get artsy and take some romantic looking photos haha.



Once we did start our tour... it was interesting to say the least. First of all we werent allowed to take photos inside the museum which was unfortunate since the artifacts inside were beautiful. Second our tourguide had no personality whatsoever, and she SPED through the tour and the castle, which meant she didnt give us anytime to enjoy the tour and look around. It was "this is a painting, this is a chair, here is a bed... ok next room". So we were joking the entire time, saying how this is ridiculous we arent being given any time to actually enjoy the tour or the castle, it's just "here's an object. You see it? Great. Moving on.". Jose, one of my friends, dubbed it "Fast and the Furious - The Tour" LOL, hilarious and sadly true.

Since I felt like I didnt get my $5.000 pesos worth out of the tour, I decided to take a bunch of the roses I found at the castle home, and now I have beautiful bouquet of roses in my room... and now feel like I got my money's worth at the castle haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment