Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Medellín: one of the top spots for coffee in the world!

My friend recently posted an article by BBC Travel to our Trainee facebook group which talks about the world´s best spots for coffee. Among those listed was the city of Medellín! Now im not sure how many of you know this, but unfortunately Colombia exports the majority of its best beans, so only mediocre coffee is left in the country. However, as Im not a coffee connaisseur I still think Colombian coffee tastes amazing even if it is the mediocre stuff, so I think I would be blown away if I got a chance to taste the really good stuff.

Which leads me into my next mission. In the article it mentioned that there is a café in Medellín called... Le Bon Café, which apparently sells "the good stuff". So I want to go there and try out their coffee in the coming weeks, and see what REAL Colombian coffee tastes like.

Other cities around the world that made the list for "top coffee spots" are:
- Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Havana
- Istanbul
- Melbourne
- Rome
- Santa Marta and Valle de Dota (Costa Rica)
- São Paulo
- Seattle
- Vienna

To check out the rest of the article... click here

No comments:

Post a Comment