Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Beach and Spreading Canadian Pride

Today I had my 2nd final exam, which was for International Business. I think it went pretty well, and I am kind of sad that the course is over. It's a class I really enjoyed, as International Business is what Im really interested in and want to concentrate in it in my 4th year of study. This is also the first course I have taken in the subject.

After my exam I met Holly and Olivia at Barceloneta to soak up the sun on the beach. It was a beautiful day and quite hot while laying out underneath the sun. It was about 25C without a cloud in the sky. I couldnt have asked for a better day! I love being able to take the metro a couple of stops and go from the L'Exiample district (where I live), and end up on a beautiful beach on the Mediterranean Sea. This city can't get any better.
After tanning a bit on the beach I headed to the API office, to give a presentation on Canada. Marta, the program director asked me to do a presentation on Canada because I am one of their first Canadian students (as they mainly deal with American students), and she and the other API staff didnt know much on Canada and they wanted to learn more about the country. So I happy offered to create a powerpoint presentation for them all about Canada. I covered main statistics, geography, history, culture, what it means to be Canadian, Canadian inventions, music, celebrities etc....the whole nine yards. I love being from a country where I can be so proud to be from there and happily talk about it. :) At the end of the presentation I gave API a Canadian flag and a book about Canada to keep in the office.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Marta shared your presentation with me and it was great :) Much of it I knew, but there was a lot of new stuff to me too! You should pdf it and upload to your blog if you can :)

    Jeramy

    ReplyDelete