Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Costa Brava !

This past Saturday I had my last trip with API. We went to Cadaqués and Figueres which is located in the area of Costa Brava (about 2 hours north of Barcelona on the coast). "Costa" means Coast, and Brava means "wild" or "rugged". Our first stop was in Cadaqués where we had time for to go to the beach for a bit, walk around the town and eat lunch. Cadaqués is a cute little beach town with white and blue buildings like the kind you would see in Greece. It is also famous for being the place where Salvador Dalí (famous and crazy Spanish artist) lived most of his life. My mom came with me on my day trip so we sat on the patio of a restaurant, soaking up the sun, and had fresh seafood and sangria! The seafood came out as a full fish, head, tail and all, which I have never seen before because I am use to just getting a fish fillet at a restaurant and not the whole fish! Regardless, the fish was probably the best ive ever tasted as it was so fresh! After lunch we walked around the town abit going down by the water, and walking along the beach.
Then we got back on the bus and headed to Figueres. Figueres is famous for having a HUGE museum dedicated to Dalí's art work. Now, this Dalí museum was probably the most crazy f***ed up thing I have ever seen. Dalí's artwork is "interesting" and "different" to say the least, so it was a very strange and cool museum to see. After the museum I grabbed some gelato with my friend Eric and then we sat down and had a beer with my mom at a local pub until it was time to go back to Barcelona. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment