Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Food, Food and more Food!


La Boqueria is Barcelona's most famous fresh food market. It sells everything from fruit, to vegetables, candy and meat. I went yesterday with a couple friends from API and Paul. We all got fresh fruit and smoothies for 2 euro. Cheapest lunch ever, also quite filling.... but the best part was that it was super healthy. :)

La Boqueria is located right off Las Ramblas and is not open on Sundays (as that is the day of rest/God in Spain). It is not only filled with fresh food, but hundreds of different vibrant colours from various foods from around the world. It's a very busy place with vendors trying to attract your attention, left, right and center - hoping that you will buy their food. My friends and I went to get lunch there, but it's also a really good place just to wander and look around. I couldn't get over the bright colours of the fresh fruit, and the sweet smell they gave off.

They even have a chocolate/candy section in La Boqueria... which is a little dangerous for me because I have an obsession with chocolate, especially from Europe/UK. But... I was good and only bought fruit and some cheese for lunch :) I got this pretty big block of fresh swiss cheese for 1.90 euros! Pretty cheap! Loved it.

I will most likely be going back there to get fresh fruit or cheese for lunches sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment