Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 3 in Barcelona


Ive officially been in Barcelona for just over 2 weeks, and heading into my 3rd week I thought I would think about everything that has happened so far and reflect on it.

What has changed about me within a 2 week time period:
- My eating habits -> I now eat breakfast at 9/10am, lunch at 2-3pm, and dinner at 9-10pm
- I take a siesta (nap) almost everyday... though this isnt much different from my life as a university student in Canada lol - except that it's socially acceptable in Spain! FTW
- I hardly listen to my ipod/itunes anymore
- I have a permanent death grip on my purse while in the metro and walking down Las Ramblas (in fear of being pickpocketed, as they are the best in the world here...)
- Kissing each cheek of a person when you meet them for the first time, greeting friends or saying goodbye, instead of shaking hands...

Things I love about Spain/Barcelona:

- Being able to speak Spanish 24/7
- The weather (there is NO SNOW HERE!)
- The beauty of the city (from the architecture, to streets, the Mediterranean Sea etc)
- The night life (there is something going on every night of the week)
- The FOOD! (tapas, sangria, paella... the list goes on)
- The people, just like Canadians they are very nice and helpful. :)
- The metro ... very easy to use, many stops, very efficient (comes every 2 minutes, and its always ONTIME... unlike the TTC)
- My host family, they are so kind and take care of myself and my roommates really well

Things I dont like so much about Spain/Barcelona:
- People smoke EVERYWHERE.... not something i like at all... :(
- Certain stores/places close between 1-4pm during the week
- NOTHING is open on Sundays
- Lack of traffic lights / pedestrian safety
- How some things are only in Catalan, and therefore I do not understand it
- The hours of the metro .... it's only open until 12midnight Sundays-Thursdays
- Being mistaken as an American lol

No comments:

Post a Comment