Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blackout!

So on Thursday there was a bit of an electricity problem in Medellín. Im not sure if it affected the whole city, but it did affect the area, El Poblado, that I live in. I first realized there was no power while at work, we were helping out with a guest speaker, and didnt have power to be able to do the talk on time. So we had to wait a bit, but then the power finally came on.

Then when I got home, my roommates informed me that we had no power... and it would be about 2 hours until it would come back on. Which meant, no lights, or landline, refrigerator, and internet. Since I had no plans that night, and nothing really to do without light, I decided to do what a lot of families do while the power is out.... play games. So from the light of my laptop which had about 50% left on it, I taught my roommates how to play different card games.


Now my roommates dont really speak English so I had to teach them in Spanish. I started with a game that I could explain easily.... GO FISH! They caught on pretty quickly, and had never played it before. After playing two rounds of that.... I moved onto a more complex game.... Crazy Eights, which I translated to them as OCHOS LOCOS.... lol. We had a lot of fun and it ate up about an hour of time. After playing cards, I headed to Santa Fe mall with my roommate, where we got some ice cream, she bought guitar strings, and I stopped at the Carrefour to get some milk. A very fun, yet random night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment