Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

El Colombiano

This morning I had the chance to visit El Colombiano with my coworker for a meeting. El Colombiano is the main newspaper of Medellín. We were there to hear a presentation about the development of education within the city. They explained different initiatives they are working towards from children as early as 4 years, to University/Master/Doctorate Students. They have built these beautiful preschools around the city, to encourage early childhood development, as well as increase the amount of spending on technology within elementary schools.

I got to see a bit of the office where the newspaper is run. We all got a copy of todays copy of El Colombiano, which I had a chance to read while waiting for the presetnation to start. Sara told me that there are several main newspapers in the country. El Tiempo is the national newspaper, La Republica is the main newspaper of Bogotá and El País is the main newspaper of Cali.

Ive been able to attend so many different events/presentations within my first two weeks of my job, which is exciting because it definitely helps me learn more, as I have to really actively listen while these presentations are going on - as they speak quite quickly in Spanish. Tomorrow I get to attend a half day conference on Innovation within the city through my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment