Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I ♥ Google Chat

Im just going to put it out there... I love Google. Everything from its search engine, to its email system and especially now because of its calling feature through Gmail Chat.

Before leaving Canada, Google had a special promotion that you could make any call in Canada and the USA for free through your computer using the Gmail calling feature, no matter if it was local or long distance (before the end of 2010). This new feature through Gmail chat is a definite attempt to try and compete with Skype. But I guess due to high usage of the product, they extended the deal into 2011.

So the other day I had to call my bank, and my home phone in Colombia wasn´t working. So I decided to try and see if i could still make a call through Gchat like i could when I was in Canada. And voilia, apparently it still works, even though Im not in Canada. I dont want to question why it still works, but its awesome, as I can call any landline in Canada or the USA from my computer... FOR FREE. So I encourage everyone reading this to try it, if they have gmail, because its an awesome feature of Gmail chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment