Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Friday, February 5, 2010

Barceloneta !

Since I didnt have class today we were partying like true Barcelonians last night and stayed out until 5am, so today I didnt wake up until 1pm. Gotta love the life of a student! :) When I woke up I wanted to check the weather, and my weather widget on my mac said it was +17degrees and sunny! So i decided it was a perfect day to go to the beach and walk around. I met up with Eric, Katrina, and Lauren and we walked for about 3 hours up and down Barceloneta (which is the main beach area of Barcelona).

We saw some pretty incredible sand castles being made on the beach as we walked by. We also found a jungle gym like structure that you could climb and hang off of, so obviously Eric and I decided to be 5 years old again and climb it. We continued down the beach front and found this cool asian wok restaurant, so we all got a box of noodles for like 5 euro and ate it on the beach. The sun felt nice and warm, and there was not a cloud in the sky. You totally wouldn't know it was February!! This is when I sort of feel sorry for my mom and friends in Canada where it was around -15C today, and they are surrounded by snow lol. SORRY!

After eating our lunch we continued down the beach, and saw a guy completely naked just strolling down the beach. Later on we saw 2 more nude guys on the beach as well. We're not really sure if nudity is allowed at Barceloneta, or if they are just really proactive nudists? who knows...

Tomorrow Im going to Camp Nou to see a FC Barça soccer game !!! We also have a day trip to Sitges which is a small town outside of Barcelonak tomorrow, so that should be a lot of fun too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment