Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Friday, February 12, 2010

Mi primera clase en español a mi gimnasio (My first spanish class at my gym!)

Today I decided I would try a fitness class at my gym. It was called: "D-Tono" and was very similar to the "Sculpt and Burn" classes Ive done at Laurier. I went by myself and there was about 15 other people in the class with me. When I got there I had no idea what equipment I would need for the class so I just watched what other people got and followed suit haha. As I was too shy to ask the instructor or other people in the class... bad I know because I need to practice my spanish as much as possible, but I decided to go with the flow and be a people watcher.

The instructor was really hard to understand because she was talking through a microphone and the music was really loud. So I would say I understood approx. 15-20% of what she said, which isnt much. But luckily, when you're at the gym it's all about watching your instructor so I just followed carefully what she and the other people in the class were doing! It was a pretty good class and I will likely go again to that one. However there are a lot of other classes I want to try... especially hot yoga - since Ive never done it before and heard amazing things about it... and that it's also very hard.

Im very excited for tomorrow because my best friend from Canada - Lauren - is coming to visit me in Barcelona for a week!!! I havent seen her since the middle of December 2009 when I came to visit her in Toronto before I went home for the holidays. So I cant wait to see her and show her this incredible city!

No comments:

Post a Comment