Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cómo se dice "whipped into shape" en español?

Today I had my second session with my cute spanish personal trainer (Isaac) at my gym. Yesterday I had seen him while I was doing my own work out and he came up to me confirming our meeting (or "cita" en español) for today. He also mentioned that today's work out would be "más fuerte y duro" ... or in English waaaay more intense, and it was. My legs and arms now feel like jello... but it's a good pain.

We started out doing squats... which i absolutely loath... and we ended up doing a bunch of them, 3 sets with this rope thing, 3 sets with this vibrating machine, and 3 sets using weight machines. Then we did some cardio on the treadmill and the cross trainer, and finished off by working on arms. He had me do this reverse push up with this rope thing that hangs from the wall... and I had to explain i'd be bad at this because I really dont have any upper body strength lol.

It's definitely a different but fun learning experience working out with him because he doesnt speak any english so everything is in spanish! I understand about 80% of what he says, and it's getting easier to understand him. :)

Im in love with my gym just because it has so many facilities and things to do. Tomorrow I think im going to go to a pilates class or try hot yoga for the first time! Vamos a ver! (we shall see)

No comments:

Post a Comment