Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Friday, February 19, 2010

"¿Dónde está su ombligo?"

Friday's are the best day of the week because I have no class! After making sure Lauren got on her Aerobus this morning at 630am I came back and slept for a few more hours before getting up. Then like a good student I actually did some research for a marketing presentation I have to do on Monday. Then after having a light lunch I headed to the gym to see Isaac (my personal trainer) for another work out session.

While I was waiting in the fitness room waiting for Isaac, I ran into my International Business Professor. So I went over to say hello and chatted for a bit. He explained that he has been a member at DIR for over 5 years but only in the last year and a bit has he been seriously exercising. He told me that the DIR we go to is the biggest in Barcelona (and apparently the nicest... yay for me!), and has been around since the 1970s.

After my intense hour with Isaac we headed back to the office for personal trainers so he could take my measurements/weight etc. Since Ive been here I have lost 15lbs! From all the walking, different diet, and of course the new gym I have joined. Which is definitely an added bonus of studying/travelling abroad. When Isaac went to measure my waist he asked me: "¿Dónde está su ombligo?"... and I just stared at him blankly because i had no idea what "ombligo" meant. Then seeing I was confused, he pointed at his belly button and then I burst out laughing. I apologized to him explaining that I did not know the word for belly button. That's definitely a word I added to my word book when I got home lol. ahh soo entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment