Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Workin' on my Fitness

Yesterday I went to my new gym to work out for the first time, and do an hour session with my personal trainer. His name is Isaac (pronounced like "E-saak" in Spanish lol), and he is very cute haha, and of course is from Barcelona! We spoke entirely in Spanish because he doesnt speak any English, and I understood about 80% of what he said... I need to re-learn spanish vocabulary for the gym. We went through a gym routine, talked about healthy eating, proper exercise etc... While at the gym I also saw 2 API students working out as well, so it's nice to know people I know go to DIR as well :) . On tuesday I have another session with Isaac, and he said this one would be "más fuerte y duro" aka in english... harder/more intense lol. I didnt feel too out of shape when i went to the gym yesterday as I havent been exercising in a month, but since we've been doing a ton of walking in Barcelona the gym wasn't too bad!

Today I met with Fran (my language exchange partner) again. We went out for lunch and spoke english/spanish for about 3 hours together (we do about 30 - 45 min of each language and switch... though today we spoke a lot more Spanish i felt). He said that since we met last week my Spanish has improved a lot :) yay! Then we headed to API for a bit to hang out and talk with people there. Patricia, Romá and Marta were creating some sort of USA quiz,and I told them they needed some questions about Canada, and then I started to quiz them on things to see how much they knew about Canada e.g. Name 5 provinces, who is the Prime Minister, what are the 5 great lakes, what is the national animal/sport of Canada etc. .... All about representing Canada while im over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment