Find your Passion, and then Live it

Medellín, Colombia

Monday, February 22, 2010

How International Marketing Became My Favourite Class


Just when I think this country/city/my university can't get any better, I am proven wrong. Today we had our midterm presentations in International Marketing. My group went first and gave a presentation on Nike... woo moving on. The next group was 3 students from Germany, and they decided to do their presentation on Jägermiester. Nicolas (german student #1) then proceeds to pull out a 26er of Jägermiester and accompanies it with plastic shot glasses. He then tells us "We have brought Jägermiester for you to sample". My first thought: "IS THIS ALLOWED?", my second thought: "THIS JUST BECAME MY FAVOURITE CLASS".

As you can imagine everyone in the class was shocked, excited and not sure how the professor would react, or if this was even allowed. Nicolas turns to the professor and asks if this is ok, and she says it's fine. WOOOOO thank god. Liesa (german student #2) then proceeds to go around the classroom and fill each student's shot glass with Jägermiester. While this is going on they start their presentation.

Now no offense to the german students' presentation, but you can imagine that NO ONE was paying attention because we were all too bewildered that this is actually happening and that we were drinking in class. Half way through their presentation Nicolas asked if we liked the drink, but we hadnt actually taken the shot yet. So then he is like "What are you waiting for, DRINK!" - don't have to tell me twice lol.

Then as a class we did a ceremonious cheers and took our shots. Then Hans (german student #3) walks around the classroom with the 26er of Jägermiester and asks if we would like some more - um yes please.

Needless to say, I love this country/this class more. Today I learned that:
- Germans are cool
- Germans give great marketing presentations
- Drinking alcohol in class is a-ok in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment